This page will be updated regularly with changes and updates to service delivery that has been impacted by COVID, also follow our social media feeds for emergency updates. We will also feature information relating to COVID-19.

Testing in Scotland is changing

From 18 April, you won’t need to test when you are well and don’t have coronavirus symptoms. Find out more on changes to LFD testing:

After 18 April, you won’t be able to collect LFD tests for your local test site. If you are eligible, LFD tests can be ordered online or by calling 119. Find out more on changes to LFD testing:

Remember, if you have coronavirus symptoms you still need to isolate and book a free PCR test. Find out more at NHS Inform.

Support due to Self Isolation

For information on a self-isolation support grant, please click here

A number of local Community Response Groups registered the support they were offering with Stirling Council and some continue to provide invaluable support at a community level.

Our fortnightly Community Response Bulletin has now ceased but Covid recovery information is still available through the Community Development Bulletin - CDNews. To receive this please email us.

Advice Services

Please visit our dedicated page for further information or support.

Call 101 if you are concerned about an adult who is not at immediate risk of harm or 999 in an emergency.

Harm reduction services

If you are worried about your own or another person’s substance use please contact Change, Grow Live (CGL) for support on 0808 1962188. If you are concerned about someone else’s drug or alcohol use then Forth Valley Family Support Service (FVFSS) can also help. Call the Family Support Development Officer on 07484024407.

Forth Valley Recovery Community (FVRC) is a community of people committed to supporting recovery from substance use. During this time telephone support will be available via Tom Bennett (07920 234694) or Becky Wood (07920 576375).

Adult Learning & Employability

Face to face contact with individuals is not currently running however staff are continuing to engage regularly with existing customers. There is very limited capacity to take on new clients but contact should be made via telephone (01786 237517) or email and a member of the team will respond.

Refugee Resettlement

For support please contact Jonathan Sharp by telephone on 07818 520936. For emergencies please contact Jonathan or the Stirling Council emergency number on 01786 473041. If you require an interpreter please let us know.

English classes have been cancelled. We are trying to find alternatives and will provide updates when this has been agreed.

Information on the most up to date guidelines can be found on the Scottish Government's website.

We would like to remind businesses that information on current business support grants, as well as other dedicated business information and advice, is available at the Invest in Stirling website. 

This site is kept updated as new schemes become available.

The Scottish Government published guidance on visiting care homes and how to keep your self, residents and staff safe.

Latest bin collectionsThis week (16-22 May) we are collecting brown and glass bins.

If your bin is not emptied on your scheduled collection date, please continue to leave it out for collection.

Glass box deliveries

If you have requested a replacement glass box, these have been ordered and will be delivered to residents as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can take your glass waste to one of our recycling points or any of our Household Waste and Recycling Centres (tips).

Delivery of new bins

We are experiencing a small backlog in the delivery of new or replacement bins. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

If you have made a request for a new bin, it is being processed and will be delivered as soon as possible. 

Bin Collection DaysYou can find out your next collection date by using our postcode search:

Find your collection days


If your garden waste permit for 2022/23 has not arrived yet, your garden waste permit purchase email confirmation can be printed off and attached to your brown bin as a temporary permit

Registration ServicesThe Registration Service is open for essential services:

  • The registration of Births, Deaths, Stillbirths, Civil Partnerships & Marriages
  • The solemnisation of civil marriages and accepting & processing marriage paperwork for marriages and civil partnerships.

FuneralsAttendance at funerals is currently limited to a maximum of 50 people in Scotland.

The Scottish Government has published guidance on travelling to a funeral.

Post-funeral gatherings, such as wakes, can also take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people. Alcohol may be served.

When organising a funeral or advising on attendance at a funeral service, please refer to the Scottish Government guidance.

CemeteriesAll cemeteries are open following Government guidelines.

Wedding Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships

Wedding ceremonies and civil partnership registrations can take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people (including the couple, the witnesses and the person conducting the ceremony), provided the venue’s capacity allows for 2-metre physical distancing. 

Travel within and to/from Scotland from the rest of the UK, ROI, and Jersey to attend a marriage or civil partnership ceremony is restricted to this maximum number of attendees only. The Scottish Government has published guidance on travelling to and attending a wedding or civil partnership.

Physical distancing, face coverings, and sanitising measures remain requirements for ceremonies.

Receptions can also take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people. Alcohol may be served.

Couples who choose to postpone their ceremony, as a result of these new restrictions may be eligible for an extension to their notices.

When organising a wedding or civil partnership, please refer to the Scottish Government guidance.

Building StandardsThe Building Standards service will continue to utilise our Remote Verification Inspection (RVI) approach as the primary method to verify construction in accordance with Scottish Government guidance. We are expanding our ability to undertake more physical site based inspections for external works where it is safe to do so.

PlanningFor information on emergencies and emergency planning click here.
Extensions to Periods of ValidityIf your Building Warrant is due to expire in the next 6 months and you are concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on the construction being completed in time you can apply for an extension. It is available to download here and any questions can be discussed with the duty officer or emailed to works ApplicationsAll applications must be submitted electronically via Tree Works and High Hedge Notices

The Commercial Waste service is currently running as normal for those customers still requiring service during this time. If you have found that your waste requirements have changed then contact the Commercial Waste Team by completing our online form.

We will be happy to make temporary changes or postponements to contracts to support your business needs. Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of customers contacting us and may take longer than usual to process requests; any changes to contracts will commence from the date of the request.Polmaise WeighbridgeContractors who work outdoors can continue to use the weighbridge as normal.  Contractors who work indoors, in line with Government guidance, are still entitled to use the weighbridge.


If you normally pay your Council Tax in person but are unable to do so, we would ask:Pay by Direct DebitYou can pay weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly or monthly. Monthly direct debit payments can be made over 10 months or 12 months on the 1st, 5th, 10th, 17th, 23rd or 28th. If you would like to start paying by direct debit:

  • Complete the online form
  • Phone 01786 233210 with your bank details
  • Pay By Plastic Swipe Card at any post office or shops displaying Paypoint signs

For existing, Direct Debit payers instalments will be deducted on the date(s) previously notified. Those moving to Direct Debit will receive confirmation of their instalment dates in advance of the first payment.

Managing your accountYou can sign up for e-billing, manage your account online and tell us about changes. To do this please visit our Council Tax Portal

Pay on timeYour instalments have to be paid on time.  If you pay with the swipe card at a post office or at a shop displaying a Paypoint logo, you need to allow 5 working days for the instalments to reach your account.

Problem paying your billIf you have a problem paying your bill, please contact us without delay so we can help you avoid formal recovery action and additional charges. Email queries to or phone 01786 233177.

Households with a low income may be entitled to a Council Tax reduction.

Any questions relating to:

Council Tax Benefits can be sent to or phone 01786 233210. 

Council Tax Arrears email queries to or phone 01786 233177.

Liquor LicensingCoronavirus regulations are likely to change frequently as restrictions ease, and it is essential that licensed premises in the District of Stirling Licensing Board area monitor these changes and comply with current requirements. The regulations can be found on the Scottish Government website.

If you have any further queries please contact the Council’s Licensing team at Please note, the team is responding to enquiries as quickly as they can but we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails.Personal LicencesIf you applied for renewal of your personal licence and no decision was made before it expired, your existing licence will automatically be extended for six months.  If you are unable to submit your renewal application in time (that is, at least 3 months before the expiry of your current licence), or to take a refresher training course when due, for a reason related to the Coronavirus crisis, please contact the licensing office via email at or 01786 233612. Licence holders are encouraged to explore options for undertaking the training online.

Because of COVID restrictions, it may not be possible to process licence applications within the normal timeframes. The Licensing team can provide further advice regarding how long it may take to determine your application.

Drymen Library will be closed until further notice after a ceiling collapse due to a burst water pipe from the property above the library.

If you have concerns about a business in Stirling not complying with the Government Guidelines, please report your concerns by completing the online form.

Report a concern about a business.

The Environmental Health service is still operational and responding to requests from businesses and members of the public across Stirling. 

The Coronavirus pandemic and subsequent legislation and guidance have led to changes in the ways businesses must operate. Environmental Health and Trading Standards enforce this legislation in partnership with Police Scotland and the Health and Safety Executive.

Current controls and guidance are available on the Scottish Government website.

As the regulations and guidance change often businesses should ensure they keep up to date with the evolving situation. For sources of information refer to the following websites:

Housing Repairs

The housing repair services is back to normal.

We are now offering:

  • Non-emergency repairs
  • Servicing
  • Void
  • Component replacement works

Emergency RepairsWe aim to be with you as soon as possible. You should not have to wait longer than 24 hours after reporting the issue.

We will attend to the emergency repair to make it safe.

Repairs often require follow-up appointments.
Emergency repairs and COVID-19We will attend your emergency repair even if you or someone within the house is self-isolating. It is important that the person self-isolating stays within another room and remains there for the duration of the visit.

To allow our operatives to work safely, all internal surfaces within the area of the repair should be wiped down using an appropriate antibacterial cleaner or wipes.

To request an emergency repair, please use our online repairs form

Non-Emergency Repairs

Timescales for non-emergency repairs will be estimated on a case-by-case basis.

Usual timescales for non-emergency repairs are

  • 36 hours
  • 7 days
  • 20 days
  • 90 days

You will be updated when this has been assessed.Non-emergency repairs and COVID-19

We will not attend your non-emergency repair if you or someone within the house is self-isolating.
Please arrange your appointment for when the self-isolation period is over and everyone within the house is well.

Examples of repairs and guidance can be found within our Right to Repair and Housing Repairs Policy



Information for landlords and letting agentsThe Scottish Government has compiled a list of FAQs in partnership in relation to advice for private landlords and letting agents.

PRS Landlord (non-business) Covid-19 Loan Scheme

Enquiries can be sent to the Scottish Government at

You can also contact the Stirling Council Private Rented Housing teams via:

Private Rented Housing Team: 01786 237678

Private Rented Housing Enforcement Officers: 

Andrew Paterson 01786 237704 –

Mhairi Gilfillan 01786 237699 –

Admin Support Officer: Kate MacGregor – 01786 237722

Service Coordinator: Fiona Scott 01786 237753 -


Housing AllocationsThe Housing Allocations Team is allocating properties in line with our Housing Allocations Policy. For more information about how we let properties you can view our Allocations Questions and Answers page.HomelessnessHomelessness Services are dealing with enquiries face to face and visits are now being carried out to temporary accommodation. We are following the Scottish Government guidance at all times regarding PPE, social distancing with reduced numbers of staff in the office.

If you are struggling with rent and arrears or any other aspect of your tenancy due to the impact of Covid 19, please contact your Accommodation Officer for further information and support on 01786 237900.

Appointments can be made to speak to our Income Maximisation Officer either by phone or face to face. They can assist with benefits and debt advice.

We are allocating and letting temporary accommodation. We ask staff and tenants to adhere to the Scottish Government guidelines on social distancing with the use of face masks and hand sanitiser required when viewing or signing for a property.

Our Estate Management Service is in operation and the Officers are out visiting their estates.

We are providing the full Homeless service and contact can be made by phone.

01786 237900 – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

01786 404040 – Out of hours

Visit in person Monday to Friday 9am to 5pmSpringkerse House
5 Springkerse Road


Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRC)All Household Waste and Recycling Centres are open.  Please note that waiting times may be longer than usual.

If you or someone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19 please follow government guidelines and do not travel to any of our Household Recycling Centres.

ID checks are in place at our sites with all customers required to provide proof of address upon entry.  Acceptable forms of ID include photographic ID such as a driver's license with Stirling residency noted or a passport with accompanying utilities bill/receipt containing address details. 

Please visit our HWRC pages for opening hours/days and full guidance.

Pest ControlWe are currently only able to investigate and treat rodent (rats/mice) issues outside a domestic property.  To request a Pest Control Service complete the online form.

We no longer offer concessions for our Pest Control Service.Bandeath Dog Shelter

During normal opening hours, to check if your lost dog has been taken to Bandeath Stray Dog Shelter phone 01786 404040 or report this online 

Lost and Stray Dogs

If you wish to report a stray dog, phone Stirling Council’s Dog Warden Service on 01786 404040 or report this online 

If you have taken possession of the dog and wish it to be uplifted outside office hours then phone your local Police office on 101.GullsWe are unable to help with any issues that may occur due to gulls, commonly known as seagulls.

We recognise that this can be a problem for a lot of our communities, especially in the summer when they are nesting. The RSPB provides general advice about gulls. 

Under 22s Free Bus Travel scheme Due to the current level of enquiries and applications, it may take up to 10 days to respond to your enquiry. Applications are currently taking up to four weeks to process, dependent on relevant checks, appropriate identification and the photograph provided. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have concerns about a business in Stirling not complying with the Government Guidelines, please report your concerns by completing the online form. 

Report a concern about a business.

Trading Standards are providing a remote service.

We will continue to monitor complaints and enquiries about unfair trading or pricing practices, and consumer safety issues that are received via Advice Direct Scotland.  These will be assessed and dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and in accordance with the present Scottish Government and NHS requirements.
Consumer ComplaintsInitial requests for advice should be directed to our partner agency, Advice Direct Scotland.  You can contact them by email or by phoning 0808 164 6000

Their adviser will:

  • Give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
  • Inform you of the consumer laws which may apply to your situation
  • Pass relevant information to the appropriate Trading Standards authority for consideration/further investigation

Business Advice RequestBusinesses requiring advice or guidance on legislation enforced by the Service should email us.Buy with ConfidenceOur Trusted Trader members will deal with requests for work in accordance with the UK and Scottish Government / NHS advice.

Last updated: Thursday, April 14, 2022 5:32 PM