The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 provides for the creation of local licensing forums Local Authority area. The Licensing Board must meet with the relevant Licensing Forum at least once a year and the Forum must meet four times a year. The aim of the Forum is to promote the understanding of local issues in relation to the operation of the Act.
The two general functions are:
- to keep under review the operation of the Act in the forum’s area and the exercise of the relevant board of their functions
- to give advice and make recommendations to the relevant board as the forum considers appropriate.
The members of the Forum include the Chief Constable, premises and personal licence holders, residents and young people drawn from the local area.
Stirling Council needs more local people from rural areas to become involved in the Stirling Local Licensing Forum.
Application Forms can be printed and submitted by email to us.
Appointments will be made by the Citizenship Appointments Panel and approved by Stirling Council.
Dates of future meetings
- Tuesday 23 February 2021 at 11.00am – Virtual via Microsoft Teams
- Tuesday 4 May 2021 at 11.00am – Virtual via Microsoft Teams
- Tuesday 14 September 2021 at 11.00am – Virtual via Microsoft Team
- Tuesday 23 November 2021 (Forum) at 10am – Virtual via Microsoft Team
- Tuesday 23 November 2021 (Joint with Licensing Board) at 11.30am – Virtual via Microsoft Teams
Last updated: Monday, January 11, 2021 3:53 PM