This page will be updated regularly with changes to service delivery that has been impacted by COVID, winter demands or emergency situations.

The Peak will reopen on Monday 26th April for selected indoor activities. Details can be found on the Active Stirling website.
The Scottish Government published guidance on visiting care homes and how to keep your self, residents and staff safe.
Delivery of new bins

We are a experiencing a small backlog in the delivery of new or replacement bins. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

If you have made a request for a new bin, it is being processed and will be delivered as soon as possible. 

To request a new bin, please head here.

Bin Collection Date

You can find out your next collection date by using our postcode search:

Find your collection days


Registration Services

The Registration Service is open for essential services:

  • The registration of Births, Deaths, Stillbirths, Civil Partnerships & Marriages
  • The solemnisation of civil marriages and accepting & processing marriage paperwork for marriages and civil partnerships.


Attendance at funerals is currently limited to a maximum of 50 people in Scotland.

The Sottish Government has published guidance on travelling to a funeral.

Post-funeral gatherings, such as wakes, can also take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people. Alcohol may be served.

When organising a funeral or advising on attendance at a funeral service, please refer to the Scottish Government guidance.


All cemeteries are open following Government guidelines.

Wedding Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships

Wedding ceremonies and civil partnership registrations can take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people (including the couple, the witnesses and the person conducting the ceremony), provided the venue’s capacity allows for 2 metre physical distancing. 

Travel within and to/from Scotland from the rest of the UK, ROI, and Jersey to attend a marriage or civil partnership ceremony is restricted to this maximum number of attendees only. The Scottish Government has published guidance on travelling to and attending a wedding or civll partnership.

Physical distancing, face coverings, and sanitising measures remain requirements for ceremonies.

Receptions can also take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people. Alcohol may be served.

Couples who choose to postpone their ceremony, as a result of these new restrictions may be eligible for an extension to their notices.

When organising a wedding or civil partnership, please refer to the Scottish Government guidance.

Building Standards

Building Standards will continue with Remote Verification Inspections and will complete physical inspections in response to Dangerous Building incidents.


Planning is prioritising the backlog of planning applications. Unfortunately, pre-applications will not be responded to.

For information on emergencies and emergency planning click here 

The Commercial Waste service is currently running as normal for those customers still requiring service during this time, the Council understands that changing restrictions and regulations are affecting businesses within our Local Authority area. If you have found that your waste requirements have changed then contact the Commercial Waste Team by completing our online form.

We will be happy to make temporary changes or postponements to contracts to support your business needs. Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of customers contacting us and may take longer than usual to process requests; any changes to contracts will commence from the date of the request.

Polmaise Weighbridge

Contractors who work outdoors can continue to use the weighbridge as normal.  Contractors who work in-doors, in line with Government guidance, are still entitled to use the weighbridge.


If you normally pay your Council Tax in person but are unable to do so, we would ask:

Pay by Direct Debit

You can pay weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly or monthly. Monthly direct debit payments can be made over 10 months or 12 months on the 1st, 5th, 10th, 17th, 23rd or 28th. If you would like to start paying by direct debit:

  • Complete the online form
  • Phone 01786 233210 with your bank details
  • Pay By Plastic Swipe Card at any post office or shops displaying Paypoint signs

For existing, Direct Debit payers installments will be deducted on the date(s) previously notified. Those moving to Direct Debit will receive confirmation of their installment dates in advance of the first payment.

Managing Your Account

You can sign up for e-billing, manage your account online and tell us about changes. To do this please visit our Council Tax Portal

Paying On Time

Your installments have to be paid on time.  If you pay with the swipe card at a post office or at a shop displaying a Paypoint logo, you need to allow 5 working days for the installments to reach your account.

Problem Paying Your Bill

If you have a problem paying your bill, please contact us without delay so we can help you avoid formal recovery action and additional charges. Email queries to or phone 01786 233177.

Households with a low income may be entitled to a Council Tax reduction.

Any questions relating to:

Council Tax Benefits can be sent to or phone 01786 233210. 

Council Tax Arrears email queries to or phone 01786 233177.

Liquor Licensing

New coronavirus regulations come into force from 12:01am on 26th April 2021 which licensed premises in the District of Stirling Licensing Board area must adhere to. The new regulations can be found on the Scottish Government website.

If you have any further queries please contact the Council’s Licensing team on Please note, the team is responding to enquiries as quickly as they can but we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails.


To contact your local Councillor about surgeries please visit our dedicated page.

Personal Licences

If you applied for a personal license and no decision was made before it expired, the application will automatically be extended for six months. Renewal applications can be lodged from 12 months before the expiry date of the licence to one day before the licence expires.

If you are unable to take a refresher training course for a reason related to the Coronavirus crisis please contact the licensing office via email at or 01786 233612. Licence holders are encouraged to explore options for undertaking the training online.

Because of COVID restrictions, it may not be possible to process licence applications within the normal timeframes. The Licensing team can provide further advice regarding how long it may take to determine your application.

Criminal Justice 

The Stirling Justice Social Work Service provides support for people subject to Community Payback Orders and Prison Through-care.

If anyone needs support because they or a family member are having dealings with the Justice System (Community or Prison) then please contact your worker directly on their mobile phone or contact 01786 233950 and someone will call you back.

If you have concerns about a business in Stirling not complying with the Government Guidelines, please report your concerns by completing the online form.

Report a concern about a business.

The Environmental Health service is still operational and responding to requests from businesses and members of the public across Stirling. 

The Coronavirus pandemic and subsequent legislation and guidance, have led to changes in the ways businesses must operate. Environmental Health and Trading Standards enforce this legislation in partnership with Police Scotland and the Health and Safety Executive.

Current controls and guidance are available on the Scottish Government website.

It is important for all businesses to ensure that they are operating safely during this time and are following all relevant advice to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

The Regulations and guidance change often, businesses should ensure they keep up to date with the evolving situation. For sources of information refer to the following websites:


Information for Landlords and Letting Agents

The Scottish Government has compiled a list of FAQs in partnership in relation to advice for private landlords and letting agents.

PRS Landlord (non-business) Covid-19 Loan Scheme

Enquiries can be sent to the Scottish Government at

You can also contact the Stirling Council Private Rented Housing teams via:

Private Rented Housing Team: 01786 237678

Private Rented Housing Enforcement Officers: 

Andrew Paterson 01786 237704 –

Mhairi Gilfillan 01786 237699 –

Admin Support Officer: Kate MacGregor – 01786 237722

Service Co-ordinator: Fiona Scott 01786 237753 -

Housing Allocations

We are continuing to allocate and let Council properties during the current lockdown. We would like to assure you that if you are being reached for an offer of housing, someone from the Allocations Team will contact you. 

Unfortunately, our Customer Contact Centre and Allocations team are unable to provide positions on the waiting list at this moment in time.  This is to allow us to prioritise work to ensure that those in the most housing need are housed as quickly as possible.

We are also unable to carry out mutual exchanges at this point, though we plan to re-start this service once restrictions are eased to tier 3 or below.


Housing Management and Homelessness services will be dealing with all enquiries by phone or by email

If you are struggling with your rent and arrears or any other aspect of your tenancy due to the impact of COVID 19, please contact your housing officer for further information and support on 01786 404040.

If the phone or online communication does not suit, we can arrange to meet in person (adhering to Scottish Government guidance) to assist with welfare rights, debt advice, or income maximisation.

We are still allocating (letting properties) as house moves are permitted. We would ask you to adhere to Scottish Government guidance on social distancing, use of face masks, hand sanitising when viewing or signing up for properties.

Our Estate Management Service is also still in operation except for face-to-face visits.

We will still be providing a Homeless Service and this can be accessed by phoning:

01786 237900 - Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm and
01786 404040 - out of hours

Or visit in person Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm:
Springkerse House
5 Springkerse Road,

For bin route information, check our Bin Collection Updates

Bin CollectionsHousehold bin collections are operating as normal, please present your bin at the kerbside or your agreed collection point by 7am on the morning of your collection day.  

Use your postcode to find out your collection day:

Find your collection days

Food Caddy LinersAs all Libraries are closed, we are unable to supply you with food caddy liners.  Food caddy liners can be purchased from most supermarkets or you can wrap food waste in brown paper/newspaper before placing it into your brown bin.Brown and Grey Bin ReplacementThe brown and grey bin replacement is continuing across Stirling.

Bin Delivery Areas - January 2021

You can find out when your replacement brown and grey bin will be delivered by checking the FAQs or by using our postcode search here.

If you have not received a replacement bin yet, but your old one has been removed, please report this by completing this online form.Special UpliftsThis service will resume on Monday 17th May, bookings can be made from Tuesday 11th May.

If you wish to dispose of recyclable bulky items, please visit your nearest HWRC site which are open as normal.

Additional Bin Capacity

To request a larger grey bin, please head here.

Please note that under the Council’s new Waste and Recycling Policy that was adopted on 11 February, 2021, the following changes to additional bin capacity will apply later this year (we will advise residents when these changes take effect):

  • A household of five or more, rather than a household of six or more, with excess non-recyclable can apply for their standard 240L grey bin (general waste) to be swapped for a larger 360L grey bin.
  • Households with two or more children in nappies will now be able to apply for the non-hazardous healthcare waste collection service – an additional 240L grey (general waste) bin.

Balfron HWRC - Do not arrive before your pre-booked time slot as this can cause traffic congestion and prevent emergency vehicle access.

HWRC (tips)

All Household Waste and Recycling Centres are open as per normal opening hours.  Please note that waiting times may be longer than usual.

If you or someone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please follow government guidelines and do not travel to any of our Household Recycling Centres.

ID checks are in place at our sites with all customers required to provide proof of address upon entry.  Acceptable forms of ID include photographic ID such as a driver's license with Stirling residency noted or a passport with accompanying utilities bill/receipt containing address details. 

Please visit our HWRC pages for opening hours/days and full guidance.

Polmaise Weighbridge

Contractors who work outdoors can continue to use the weighbridge as normal.  Contractors who work in-doors, in line with Government guidance, are still entitled to use the weighbridge.

We will be returning to a full repairs service from Monday 26th April.  We are working through our backlog and thank you for your patience.

Emergency Repairs

Emergency repairs are something that might:

  • effect your health, safety, security or is likely to
  • cause deterioration of the building.

Examples of emergency repairs:

  • water penetrating into your house
  • unsafe power of lighting sockets or electrical fittings
  • insecure external window, door, or lock
  • loss or partial loss of gas supply

Further examples and guidance can be found within our Right to Repair and Housing Repairs Policy.

When will we attend?We aim to attend as soon as practically possible, you should not have to wait any longer than 24 hours after you report the issue. We will attend to the emergency repair to make it safe, these repairs often require follow-up appointments.

How to report an Emergency Repair:To request an emergency repair, please use our online repairs form

What happens once I report a repair?Stirling Council will:

  • tell you the repairs category for the repair - this is the time allowed to carry out the repair.
  • make arrangements with you to get into your home to carry out the repair.
  • send you a text message to let you know you have reported the repair.

Further examples and guidance can be found within our Right to Repair and Housing Repairs Policy.

Capital Replacement Programmes

All capital component replacement programmes have also been paused during the lockdown restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Gas Boiler Servicing

Gas servicing to boilers will continue during lockdown and letters advising of scheduled dates will be issued to those tenants whose boilers are due for inspection.

Rent and Arrears

If you are struggling with your rent and arrears or any other aspect of your tenancy due to the impact of COVID 19, please contact your housing officer for further information and support.

If Stirling Council has raised a court action against you for not paying your rent or other violations of your tenancy, or if you are facing financial difficulty due to the impact of COVID-19, please contact your housing officer for further information and support.

National Government advice for tenants

PRS Tenant Resource


Please visit our dedicated page for information on Education, Children and Families during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. 



Libraries have resumed with the following services:

  • Select and Collect
  • Housebound Service
  • Mobile Libraries

You can now contact libraries to request books, DVDs, food and dog waste bags, sanitary products and hearing aid batteries. 

Library Timetables.


The Council Archives will be opening to researchers again on an appointment only basis from 26th April. Pre-booking is essential. Please contact the Archives for further details. You can phone us on 01786 450745 and chat about your research needs or drop us an email at


On-Street Parking and Car Parks

Pay and display are operating on the streets and within our car parks.

Wellgreen NCP

Wellgreen NCP has reopened. For more information and opening hours, head here. If you have an enquiry regarding your permit please contact us by email.


Pest Control

We are currently only able to investigate and treat rodent (rats/mice) issues outside a domestic property.  To request a Pest Control Service complete the online form.

Bandeath Dog Shelter

Bandeath Dog Shelter is now open to customers and volunteers by appointment only. To arrange an appointment, call the Contact Centre on 01786 404040.

Lost and Stray Dogs

To check if your lost dog has been taken to Bandeath Stray Dog Shelter phone 01786 404040 or report this online 

If you wish to report a stray dog, phone Stirling Council’s Dog Warden Service on 01786 404040 or report this online 

If you have taken possession of the dog and wish it to be uplifted outside office hours then phone your local Police office on 101.


The Planning Service is being provided remotely. We are continuing to receive and deal with planning applications through the Portal at We are not able to receive or process paper submissions made through the post. Any representation or objection to a planning application should be made online or by email to

Planners are still available to discuss applications and you can contact them preferably by phone, but you can also email. If officers are out of the office they will contact you back as soon as possible.

Building Standards

The Building Standards Service is being provided remotely. Applications must be submitted electronically through the e-building standards portal.  

Surveyors are still available to discuss applications and you can contact them by phone or email. A full contact list is available here. If officers are out of the office they will contact you back as soon as possible.

Site Inspections 

All general site inspections have been suspended and have been replaced with Remote Verification Inspections to determine reasonable enquiry. This should be discussed with your case officer in advance. We have discontinued drain tests (necessitating a site visit) and are accepting temporary certificates in domestic situations where a final drain test is the only matter outstanding. This may enable occupation of a building allowing the contractor/agent to arrange a drain test at a later date.

In an emergency situation some site inspections will be undertaken in the interests of public safety.

We are continuing to receive and issue Building Warrants and accept Completion submissions and Temporary Occupation certificates.

Copy Documents

We cannot provide copy documents at this time, however we can supply you with an extract from our registers.  This is a document produced from the register with all relevant information on it.  We can only do these for Building Warrants/Amendments or Completion Certificates.  We will not be able to provide copy plans or any other documents at this time.

Extension to Periods of Validity

If your Building Warrant is due to expire in the next 6 months and you are concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on the construction being completed in time you can apply for an extension. It is available to download here and any questions can be discussed with the duty officer or emailed to

Tree Works Applications

All applications must be submitted electronically via Tree Works and High Hedge Notices

Parks, Grounds and Open Spaces

Our parks, grounds, and open spaces are open and can be used for sport, exercise and social interaction.  Please make sure you continue to follow Government guidance.

Allotments remain open to allow appropriate upkeep of plots by plot holder.  Plot holders are required to comply with The National Allotments Society guidance.

Community Centres and Venues

Stirling Council Community Centre's and venues remain closed.

Booking staff can still be contacted on the Bookings line, 01786 233952 or by email

Please note, due to reduced staffing, we may take longer to answer your enquiry.

Public Toilets

All public toilets are closed.

Bus Services

The internal passenger areas at Stirling Bus Station have reopened from Monday 26 April 2021. For up to date information on bus services please contact the operator, visit our Transport Service Changes pagevisit Traveline Scotland, or call 0871 200 22 33.

Park & Ride

Springkerse Park and Ride and Castleview Park and Ride will resume their normal timetable from Monday 26 April 2021.

Travel Cards & Blue Badges

The processing of all National Entitlement Cards and Blue Badges will continue and we will be available to deal with face to face applications and enquires at Stirling Bus Station travel centre from Monday 26 April 2021



Road Closures due to flooding and heavy rain

  • B818 (Old Meal Mill).


Winter Service

Winter Service comprises the following types of treatment:

  • Precautionary Salt Treatment
  • Treatment of Ice
  • Treatment of Snow
  • Treatment of Hard Packed Snow and Ice
  • Flooding Events – Including the Sandbag Policy

Gritting route maps

Grit bins

Winter Roads

Frequently Asked Questions


Following recent Government announcements, updated advice and guidance has been provided for taxi and private hire licensees.

If you have concerns about a business in Stirling not complying with the Government Guidelines, please report your concerns by completing the online form. 

Report a concern about a business.

Trading Standards are providing a remote service.

We will continue to monitor complaints and enquiries about unfair trading or pricing practices, and consumer safety issues that are received via Advice Direct Scotland.  These will be assessed and dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and in accordance with the present Scottish Government and NHS requirements.

Consumer Complaints

Initial requests for advice should be directed to our partner agency, Advice Direct Scotland.  You can contact them by email or by phoning 0808 164 6000

Their adviser will:

  • Give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
  • Inform you of the consumer laws which may apply to your situation
  • Pass relevant information to the appropriate Trading Standards authority for consideration/further investigation

Business Advice Request
Businesses requiring advice or guidance on legislation enforced by the Service should email us.

Buy with Confidence

Our Trusted Trader members will deal with requests for work in accordance with the UK and Scottish Government / NHS advice.



Last updated: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 2:40 PM